11-25-13

so this past saturday was one of the best days that ive had in my entire mission, maybe even my life. we were in a lesson and i got a phone call from the zone leaders telling me that one of my converts from central (fer) was going to be going through the temple that afternoon at 5 oclock, and when they called me it was like 1 oclock, and so it was like crap how am i going to do this haha and so i call president to ask him permission to go to the temple and he tells me that unless i can find someone to stay with my companion to cover the appointments that we had that afternoon that no i couldnt go...so i was calling around trying to find someone to go with me and someone to stay with my companion but because it was so last minute no one was available. 

so i decided to call the elders here in rio verde with me, and one of the companionships didnt have any appointments so i called president and asked if i could go with one of the elders because there werent any members available and he said yes. so we grab a taxi and head on over to the temple and wow, it was such an amazing experience. i havent entered the temple in a little less than 2 years, since i left the mtc. it was such an amazing feeling being able to walk in and feel the special spirit that is only found in the temple. we walked back to the changing rooms and because we had showed up a little late, fer had already left so i didnt get to see him till we walked into the session room. the session was wonderful, i felt amazing. 

the best part was the very end though, something happened to me that was maybe one of the most beautiful things that has ever happened to me. we passed into the celestial room and were waiting there for him to enter also, and he finally entered hugged everyone and when he came up to me he gave me this huge hug and whispered in my ear "gracias, le quiero mucho" and i was able to feel and live a little bit of what i imagine it will be like after this life when i have the opportunity to see and recieve all my dear friends that i was able to help here in the mission in the celestial kingdom. what i felt in that moment was something that ill never forget, nor can i describe with words. it was just amazing. his dad then came over and also gave me a big hug and with tears in his eyes expressed similar words of thanks and gratitud for having helped his son. 

i then stayed their and quietly cried to myself reflecting upon how miraculous and wonderful missionary work is and for all the things that i have been able to live in my mission. i dont know how i could ever show enough thanks to my Heavenly Father for all the things that he has blessed me with as a missionary. deciding to serve a mission has been without a doubt the best decision i have ever made. i love being a missionary. afterwards we met outside the temple and talked and took pictures, and again upon saying goodbye i gave him a big and exchanged our last words of goodbye and i love yous haha. it was hands down one of the best experiences i have ever lived in my life. i wish you all could have been there with me and felt what i felt this day. 

i hope that through this email though youre all able to feel a little bit of the special spirit that i felt this day and how beautiful of an experience it was for me. i love being a missionary and being able to serve along side with my loved ones, in specific with connor and fer. its an amazing feeling. i love you all so much, and thanks for all the support love and prayers! take care everyone, and enjoy your thanksgiving...be sure to eat extra for me and to save me some leftovers haha. i love you all and talk to you next week.

with much love from mexico,
Elder Maccarthy

No comments:

Post a Comment